- Article: Incorporating the Stories of Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ+ Scientists Into the Physics Classroom – Short article from NSTA about the contributions of women, people of color, and other diverse scientists to the field of Physics. Includes a link to lesson plans for lesson plans that could be adapted for K9-12.
NATIONAL ROBOTICS WEEK (APRIL 2-10)
- Role Model Video: Mission Unstoppable: Robots Learn How to Interact with Humans
- Role Model Video: Mission Unstoppable: Teaching Robots How to Dance featuring IF/THEN Ambassador and roboticist, Catie Cuan
NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION WEEK (APRIL 18-22)
- Role Model Video: #SheCanSTEM video featuring IF/THEN Ambassador and climate scientist, Dr. Victoria Herrmann
- Role Model Video: Mission Unstoppable: Tracking Bears with Dr. Rae Wynn-Grant
- Posters: This is what a scientist looks like of IF/THEN Ambassador and nuclear engineer, Dr. Rae Wynn-Grant. This poster can be used in your physical paces to highlight an inspiring role model in nuclear engineering.
- Student Activity: Free activity sheet and accompanying video from GoldieBlox’s Curiosity Camp series.
o Curiosity Camp: Recycled Plant Paper activity sheet with the I’m a Kid…Does Climate Change Affect Me? video featuring IF/THEN Ambassador and climate scientist Kimberly Miner. This is one of many activity sheets and accompanying videos that can be found on the IF/THEN Collection. These activity sheets and videos are designed to be plug and play for programs.
- Website: Math Communities – Students, parents, and educators coming together to play with math! Math Communities creates a virtual community that provides free access to joyful collaborative activities designed by professional mathematicians and math educators for K-12 students, educators, and families. There are lots of ways to communicate with other folks interested in math.
STEM Transitions, Handoffs, and Coordination
Toolkit: Brokering Youth Pathways: A Toolkit for Connecting Youth to Future Opportunity from the Hive Research Network – This toolkit shares ways in which various out-of-school educators and professionals have approached the challenge of brokering. We provide a framework, practice briefs and reports that focus on a particular issue or challenge and provide concrete examples, as well as illustrate how our partners worked through designing new brokering routines in partnership with our research team.