- Activity Plans for Earth Day: Math and Climate Change – Teach about the climate by understanding the math. This website has a variety of k-12 activities that teach and encourage youth to care for the planet.
- Activity: Piles of Paper – In this activity, learners keep track of how much paper the group uses in a week. Build awareness of paper waste, while strengthening measurement and estimation skills. Age range 4-14.
- Activity: We’re on the Rise! – Learners build a simple aneroid barometer to learn about changes in barometric pressure and weather forecasting.
- Activity: Reason for the Seasons – This activity has a strong math element as learners will use a protractor to estimate the angle of the sun in a mode age range 8-14.
- Activity: Sustainable Grazing – Using math and problem solving skills, they will learn how many animals can live on their imaginary 100 acre ranch. Age range 8-18
Are you ready to bring meaningful STEM learning into your program? This module offers educators who are new to facilitating STEM the opportunity to build supportive relationships with other educators […]